The key development advances with Quad Cortex are:
- We have completed the communication drivers for all 4 SHARC and 2 ARM cores. The units we displayed at NAMM were running at half CPU capacity.
- We have Reverbs! They’re sounding amazing.
- We have implemented stereo processing (all NAMM units were running mono). Delays and reverbs now sound spacious and lush.
- Cabsim is also now dual and can run full stereo.
- Algorithm research is going very, very well! The pitch algorithms are turning out incredible. I think many will enjoy what we have to offer here. We are also making very good progress on the amplifiers and effects on the list of virtual devices.
- Audio USB drivers are almost fully implemented (for both Windows and Mac).
- Direct memory access is also fully implemented (which was key to port the reverbs).
- We have implemented a new “Hybrid” mode, which allows users to divide the footswitches and combine 2 modes (Preset+Stomp, Preset+Scene). You can see a video of how it’ll look below.
Hybrid Mode is ideal for people who want to quickly access new presets while being able to have granular control within them. It’s a highly requested feature by many gigging musicians. This mode is common with other modelers, but our UI and touchscreen makes it a breeze to set up and visualize.