B7K Ultra & Vintage Ultra
Neural DSP has partnered with Darkglass Electronics, who have been creating products that have changed the way bass players craft their sound, to bring you the first official Darkglass plugins modeled on two of their best selling products – the B7K Ultra and the Vintage Ultra.
Original hardware features
- Master Master volume adjusts the overall volume of the unit. Ideal for fine tuning the output on clean mode.
- Blend Mixes the clean input signal with the overdriven signal.
- Level Sets the volume of the overdriven signal.
- Drive Sets the amount of saturation in the overdriven signal.
- Attack Switch Sets the amount of treble content to saturate between “Boost”, “Flat” and “Cut”.
- Grunt Switch Sets the amount of low frequency content to saturate by selecting between three different bass boost levels before the clipping stage.
- Bass +-12dB @ 100Hz
- Lo Mids +-12dB switchable 250Hz, 500Hz and 1kHz
- Hi Mids +-12dB switchable 750Hz, 1.5KHz and 3kHz
- Treble +-12dB @ 5kHz
Along with an improved, gorgeous user interface, Darkglass Ultra Plugin 2.0 also features an extremely flexible cabinet simulation model.
Captured by Mikko Logrén of ML Sound Lab exclusively for this plugin, this section brings the Ultra’s flexibility to a whole new realm.
The DG210C’s custom-made Eminence® 10″ ceramic drivers, and unique crossover design add the perfect combination of girth and definition without the usual harshness of other cabinets not designed with saturated bass signals in mind.
And like its physical counterpart, the virtual Tweeter knob allows you to add the perfect amount of edge and attack.
This module features seven virtual microphones that can be placed anywhere in the cone and paired to combine different characteristics into the perfect frequency response.
In addition to this, we have added a sub-kick to add earth-shaking low end and massive size to the sound.
This module allows you to take your bass tracks to the next level effortlessly.
The new standalone feature of the Darkglass Ultra Plugin allows you to just install, plug and play. As simple as that!
Standalone is perfect for practice on the go and live use. Simply open on your computer, plug into your interface and go!
“This is the ultimate Vintage & B7K Ultra emulation”
– Doug Castro CEO, Founder of Darkglass Electronics
Producer and Sound Engineer
“Within minutes of getting the Darkglass Ultra plugin, I had the bass sound sorted out for the record I was mixing that day. My life is all of a sudden easier, and not just easier… Better too!”
Producer, Mixer & Engineer
“I’ve been waiting for a plugin like this! This is one of those plugins that after using it once, you start thinking of all the other mixes you’ve done that you could have used it on.”
Producer and Sound Engineer
Author of The Systematic Mixing Guide. Mastering engineer for Devin Townsend, Animals as Leaders, Plini, Periphery, Architects, SiKTh, Intervals, among others. “It’s a pleasure to work with Neural DSP as they continue to operate at the frontier of digital modeling technology, pushing the boundaries with cutting-edge algorithms, and creating the most realistic and efficient modelers on the market.”