The most powerful floor modeler on the planetPre order now
“People who are really serious about software should make their own hardware.”
Vulgar Display of Power
Quad Cortex is the most powerful floor modeler on the planet. With 2GHz of dedicated DSP from its Quad-Core SHARC® architecture, this ludicrous amount of processing capacity provides limitless sound design possibilities.
Want to run four amplifier models, stereo reverbs, and a plethora of other effects simultaneously? Quad Cortex won’t even break a sweat.
Capture, share and download your favorite rigs’ sounds.
Equipped with our unique biomimetic AI technology, Quad Cortex can learn and replicate the sonic characteristics of any physical amplifier, overdrive, and cabinet with unprecedented accuracy.
Unlike any other, our sophisticated neural network algorithm perceives sound akin to human perception, making it the most natural-sounding capture solution on the planet.
We are collaborating with some of the best producers and sound designers to provide an ever-growing collection of free rig captures in addition to our full-circuit models.
As good as it gets
Quad Cortex packs a vast amount of state-of-the-art emulations of your favorite gear with unprecedented accuracy and unbelievably natural dynamic response.
An ever-expanding collection of guitar and bass algorithms
Models by September 2020
This entire list consists of full-circuit-models, and it will continue to expand permanently! Neural Captures will also be added later.
- Double RVB Normal: Fender® 65 Twin Reverb®
- Double RVB Vibrato: Fender® 65 Twin Reverb®
- Rols Jazz CH120: Roland® Jazz Chorus 120
- UK C30: Vox® AC30®
- UK C30 Top Boost: Vox® AC30® Top Boost
- UK C15: Vox® AC15®
- UK C15 Top Boost: Vox® AC15® Top Boost
- BF DLX RVB Normal: Fender® Blackface Deluxe Reverb®
- BF DLX RVB Vibrato: Fender® Blackface Deluxe Reverb®
- BF Super RVB Normal: Fender® Blackface Super Reverb®
- BF Super RVB Vibrato: Fender® Blackface Super Reverb®
- BF Prince RVB: Fender® Blackface Princeton Reverb®
- Vishnu: Bogner® Shiva® Clean Channel
- Hiw103: Hiwatt® DR103®
- Captain 50 Clean: Morgan® SW50® Clean
- California Star 100W Ch1: Mesa® Boogie Lonestar® 100W Channel 1
- California Star 100W Ch2: Mesa® Boogie Lonestar® 100W Channel 2
- British Plexi Bright: Marshall® Super Lead 100 Bright
- British Plexi Normal: Marshall® Super Lead 100 Normal
- British Plexi Patch: Marshall® Super Lead® 100 Jumpered
- Plexi 50 Bright: Marshall® Lead 50 Bright
- Plexi 50 Normal: Marshall® Lead 50 Normal
- British Plexi 50 Patch: Marshall® Lead 50 Jumpered
- British 2203: Marshall® JCM800®
- British UB Rhythm: Marshall® Jubilee® Rhythm Channel
- British UB Lead: Marshall® Jubilee® Lead Channel
- British TM45 Bright: Marshall® JTM 45 Bright
- British TM45 Normal: Marshall® JTM 45 Normal
- British TM45 Patch: Marshall® JTM 45 Jumpered
- PV-505 Rhythm: Peavey® 6505 Rhythm
- PV-505 Lead: Peavey® 6505 Lead
- EV III Blue: EVH® 5150 III Blue
- EV III Red: EVH® 5150 III Red
- California Rectifier Orange: Mesa® Boogie® Dual Rectifier® Orange
- California Rectifier Red: Mesa® Boogie® Dual Rectifier® Red
- California Tremo Orange: Mesa® Boogie® Trem-O-Verb® Orange
- California Tremo Red: Mesa® Boogie® Trem-O-Verb® Red
- D-Cell Herb Ch1: Diezel® Herbert® Channel 1
- D-Cell Herb Ch2: Diezel® Herbert® Channel 2
- D-Cell Herb Ch3: Diezel® Herbert® Channel 3
- D-Cell H4 Ch3: Diezel® VH4® Channel 3
- D-Cell H4 Ch4: Diezel® VH4® Channel 4
- FreeBe 100 Clean: Friedman® HBE100® Clean Channel
- FreeBe 100 Rhythm: Friedman® HBE100® BE Channel
- FreeBe 100 Lead: Friedman® HBE100® HBE Channel
- Uber: Bogner® Uberschall®
- Solo 100 Lead: Soldano® SLO® 100 Lead
- Solo 100 Crunch: Soldano® SLO® 100 Crunch
- California 2C+ Lead: Mesa® Boogie® Mark IIC+ Lead
- California 2C+ Clean: Mesa® Boogie® Mark IIC+ Clean
More to be added.
- 412 California Vintage: Mesa® Boogie traditional straight with UK Celestion® V30
- 412 D-Cell = Diezel® straight guitar cabinet with Celestion® V30
- 412 EV = EVH® straight guitar cabinet with Celestion® G12EVH
- 212 Tweed = Fender® 2×12 with Celestion A-Type speaker
- 412 British 1960 = Marshall® 1960 with UK made Greenback G12M-25
- 412 British 1971 = Marshall® 1960 with Pulsonic-era Greenbacks
- 412 California Oversize = Mesa® Boogie Oversize with UK made Celestion® V30
- 412 Godzilla = Zilla Cabs® Oversized with Celestion® Creamback G12H-75
- 412 British Silver = Marshall® 1987 Silver Jubilee 2551B with Celestion® G12T-75 speakers
- 412 Crush = Orange® PPC412 with UK Celestion® Vintage 30
- 412 Ubercab = Bogner® Uberkab guitar cabinet rear-loaded with Celestion® Vintage 30 and G12T-T75
- 212 Sur = Suhr® 2×12 with Celestion® V-Type speaker
- 212 UK C30 = Vox® AC30 combo with 60s Silver Bell with highly sought after Pulsonic cones
- 410 Bass CL = Ampeg® SVT-410HE 4×10 bass cabinet (not sure what speakers they use)
- D410C Darkglass® = Darkglass® D410C loaded with custom Eminence® ceramic drivers
- Bass Super Valve Ampeg® SVT®
- California Bass 400 Mesa Boogie® Bass 400+®
- Bass Flip-top Ch 64’ Ampeg® B15 – 1964 Channel
- Bass Flip-top Ch 66′ Ampeg® B15 – 1966 Channel
- Bass Flip-top Patch Ampeg® B15 – Jumped
- G400K Gallien Krueger® 400RB®
- British Bass 50 Bright: Marshall® Super Bass® 50 Bright
- British Bass 50 Normal: Marshall® Super Bass® 50 Normal
- British Bass 50 Patch: Marshall® Super Bass® 50 Jumpered
- Fuzz Pi EHX® Big Muff Pi®
- Chief BD2 Boss® BD-2
- Chief DS1 Boss® DS-1
- Chief MT Boss® MT-2
- Chief OD1 Boss® OD-1
- Chief SD1 Boss® SD-1
- OD250 DOD® 250
- Freeman BOD Friedman® BE-OD®
- Round Fuzz Ge Dallas Arbiter® Fuzz Face®
- Myth Drive Klon® Centaur®
- British Blues Marshall® Blues Breaker®
- British Governor Marshall® Guv’nor®
- Compulsive Drive Fulltone® OCD®
- Octofuzz Octa Fuzz®
- Rodent Drive ProCo® Rat®
- Rage Boost Range Master®
- Green 808 Ibanez® TS808®
- Exotic Xotic® BB Preamp®
- Darkglass® Microtubes B3K®
- Darkglass® Vintage Microtubes®
- BDDI: Tech 21® Bass Driver DI®
- Soviet Fuzz: EHX® Russian Big Muff®
- Animate Fuzz: Human Gear® Animato®
- Brass Matters: Maestro® Brass Master®
- Jewel Comp Diamond® Compressor®
- Legendary 87: 1176®
- Dynamic Comp MXR® Dynacomp®
- Solid State Comp SSL® Bus
- Super Symmetry Darkglass® Super Symmetry®
- Hairlow Bogner® Harlow®
- Neural Compressor
- Modulated Reverb
- Reverse Reverb
- Swell Reverb
- Singularity Reverb
- Interstellar Reverb
- Spring Reverb
- Vintage Chorus
- Dual Chorus
- 8 Voice Chorus
- Dimension D
- Analog Octave
- Polyphonic Octaver
- Digital Octave
- Wham: Whammy®
- Intelligent Pitch
Wah and Envelope
- British Wah: Vox® Wah
- Crying Wah: Dunlop® Wah
- Crying Bass Wah: Dunlop® Bass Wah
- Bad Horse: Morley® Bad Horsie®
- Crying Wah From Hell: Dunlop® Cry Baby® From Hell
- Fuller’s Bonnie: Fulltone® Clyde
- MXC404 Wah: MXR® MC404 CAE
- Crying Clyde Wah: Dunlop® Cry Baby® Clyde McCoy
- uTron Auto Wah: Mu-Tron®
- Love Meat: Lovetone® Meatball®
- Guitar Auto Wah
- Graphic 6 Band
- Graphic 10 Band
- Low Pass
- Volume pedal
- Slow Gear / Swell
- FX loop
- Noise Gate
Models to be added in subsequent free updates
- D-Cell H4 Ch1: Diezel® VH4® Channel 1
- D-Cell H4 Ch2: Diezel® VH4® Channel 2
- XTC Green: Bogner® Ecstasy
- XTC Blue: Bogner® Ecstasy
- XTC Red: Bogner® Ecstasy
- OG Crusherverb: Orange® Rockerverb®
- No Match 30: Matchless® DC30
- NGL 530 Pre Engl® 530
- DAD Pre: ADA® MP-1
- XYZ Pre: Mesa Boogie® Triaxis®
- Comfort Feline: Cornford® Hellcat
- Tweed DLX: Fender® Tweed Deluxe®
- California Dream 2C+ Lead: Mesa Boogie® JP-2C® Lead
- California Dream 2C+ Clean: Mesa Boogie® JP-2C® – Clean
- EL34 PWR Marshall® Poweramp
- 6L6 PWR Mesa Boogie® Poweramp
- California Star 50W Ch1: Mesa Boogie® Lonestar® 50W Channel 1
- California Star 50W Ch2: Mesa Boogie® Lonestar® 50W Channel 2
- British Bass 100 Bright: Marshall® Super Bass 100 Bright
- British Bass 100 Normal: Marshall® Super Bass 100 Normal
- British Bass 100 Patch: Marshall® Super Bass 100 Jumpered
- British 900: Marshall® JCM 900®
- EV III Green: EVH® 5150® III Green
- Sonn Mod T CH1 Sunn® Model T® – Channel One
- Sonn Mod T CH2 Sunn® Model T® – Channel Two
- AG Thor’s Hammer 500 Aguilar® Tone Hammer 500®
- AG D750B Aguilar® DB 751®
- Bass 360: Acoustic® 360
The list of models is for reference only. This list might change at any time without prior notice from Neural DSP
®All registered trademarks are property of their respective owners and are used for reference purposes only, and reflect no affiliation or endorsement from the owners with or to Neural DSP Technologies.
With over 1000 perfectly captured impulse responses, Quad Cortex ships with one of the most extensive IR collections on the planet – and it is the only of its kind equipped with virtual microphones that can be positioned around the speaker like in a real studio. Third-party IRs are extremely easy to load.
Powerful parametric EQ
Absolute control at your fingertips. Taking full advantage of the 7” multi-touch display, our parametric EQ is intuitive and fun to use.
Unparalleled Intuitiveness & Flexibility
We figured out a better way to do modelers.
With its massive 7” multi-touch display, Quad Cortex is unbelievably easy to use. Effortlessly create even the most complex signal paths.
Drag-and-drop blocks to change the order or routing in seconds.
Visualize and control the settings of inputs and outputs with one swipe.
Switching modes couldn’t be easier, providing easy access to features and switch customization.
Stomp Mode: Assign and activate any block in a rig to a footswitch like you would with an analog pedalboard.
Scene Mode: Select any footswitch to instantly activate and control the settings of any number of blocks within a rig.
Preset Mode: Instant access to 8 virtual rigs.
Using advanced mechanical design and manufacturing techniques, we managed to not only build the most powerful floor modeler/multi-effects processor on the planet, we also managed to pack it all in an extremely compact format.
Quad Cortex comes in a gorgeous anodized aluminum unibody, with laser engraved graphics that never fade.
Our multi-touch display is armored with a 1.8mm chemically strengthened Corning® protective glass.
Seamlessly Integrate Cortex with your favorite devices
Explore and share endless presets on the cloud using Neural CNS Mobile. It syncs up to your device, and with Quad Cortex’s built-in WiFi module all the presets are beamed wirelessly.
Cortex Desktop Controller allows you to control the floor unit in real-time, as well as direct access to Neural CNS for exploring, sharing and downloading presets with the Cortex users community
Thanks to your unbelievable support, the first 1,000 pre-orders have sold out!
We are making a further 1,000 units available to pre-order, and expect these to ship by November 2020. Any pre-orders that are cancelled from the first 1,000 will be reallocated to customers who have pre-ordered from the second batch. You may receive your Quad Cortex sooner than Nov 2020. This second shipment will also be stocking select dealers. The best way to guarantee getting a unit by this time is to pre-order.
The second batch of pre-orders do not come with any additional perks, but still ensure you receive a Quad Cortex as soon as possible.
- When will Quad Cortex ship?
The first 1,000 units will ship by September 2020. The second 1,000 units will ship by November 2020.
- How much is the pre-order?
- When does the rest of the pre-order become payable?
The rest of the pre-order becomes payable when the units are ready to ship. You will receive an e-mail asking you to pay the remainder and provide your shipping information.
- Is the pre-order refundable?
- What happens if I don’t pay for the remainder?
You will have 14 days to pay for the remainder of your pre-order. If you do not pay, your deposit will be refunded and your unit will be transferred to someone else on the waiting list.
- How much does it cost?
The worldwide cost will be $1599 plus shipping. EU cost will be €1599 (including VAT) plus shipping.
- Does the Euro pricing include VAT?
Yes, the final pricing in Euro reflects VAT. If you have a valid EU VAT identity number, we will request it along with your shipping information and deduct the tax from the final payment.
- Do you ship worldwide?
- If I bought my Quad Cortex overseas, do I have to send it to Finland for servicing?
No, we are setting up authorized repairs services in the US and Canada, and several counties in Asia to make servicing as swift as possible.
- How long will the shipping take once I have made the full payment?
After receiving payment, your Quad Cortex will ship to you in 5 working days.
- What audio algorithms come with the device?
As of now Quad Cortex ships with 50+ amps, 70+ effects, and 1,000+ IRs. This amount will continue to grow, for eternity.
- Do Neural DSP plugins come with QC?
Not by default as of now, but we will send a free plugin update in a Cortex compatible format to everyone who owns our plugins so they can be loaded onto the device.
- How do sound and performance compare to what we already know from the Neural DSP Plugins?
We have used the same modeling methods that have made our plugins successful. Quad Cortex will simply pack a vast and ever-increasing collection of them in a tour-ready format.
- What is Neural Capture?
Other companies already digitally capture the sound of an analog rig, some very cleverly for the time they were introduced. But with the advances in machine learning technology and in embedded processing power, we thought we could greatly contribute to this field.Our biomimetic approach relies on a unique combination of advanced machine learning techniques and neuroscience; we invented a way to train an AI to perceive sound in the same way the human ear does.Quad Cortex’s neural networks are hearing your rig in the same way that you do, giving it the most comprehensive and detailed detection system, and the resulting digitized rigs are the most accurate and powerful on the market.
- Can I run other plugins on Quad Cortex?
- If I have bought Neural DSP plugins, can I get them on QC?
We will send a free plugin update in a Cortex compatible format to everyone who owns our plugins so the modules in them can be loaded onto the device.
- Can I load my Neural DSP presets on QC?
We are working on it!
- Is there a desktop controller?
Yes. The desktop controller will be available at no cost when Quad Cortex ships.
- Can I use the desktop controller without Quad Cortex?
The controller needs to be linked to a physical device to, well, control it.
- Do you need to use the mobile app to use QC?
You do not need to use the mobile app. One of our main goals was to create a device that is so easy to use that no external devices are needed to comfortably control or configure it.But the app will allow you to explore, and share through other users’ presets, so although not necessary, it will definitely help you explore new sounds and connect with fellow Cortex users.
- Does QC come with a gigbag?
No, but we will look into add-ons and accessories.
- Can you load your own IRs onto QC?
Absolutely! You can load third-party IRs.
- Can you use QC as a USB audio interface?
Yes. Quad Cortex features Cirrus Logic codecs and an ultra-low-latency USB audio transmission.
- How is QC more than just a piece of hardware to trigger plugins? Why would somebody use this if they already have the plugins?
It does so much more than that. It has more processing power than most commercial computers, so you can run more models simultaneously. It is also a very high-grade interface, meaning that you will get extremely good and consistent conversion noise/headroom performance.Unlike desktop setups, the unit is self-contained: anything and everything you need to operate it is built-in. Of course, there are other ground-breaking features such as Neural Capture that you simply cannot get in any plugin.
- What is the warranty period?
2 years limited.
- The unit looks very compact. How can I make sure it’s road-ready?
The unit comes in a sturdy anodized aluminum unibody. the touch screen has a 1.8mm chemically strengthened Corning® protective glass, and the rotary actuators are our own design and custom made out of stainless steel (they are arguably the most reliable footswitch ever made). This unit is made to last.
- The glass screen is right by the footswitches, isn’t that a risk?
Although the same is true for any foot-controlled device with a screen, we’ve gone the extra mile to minimize the likelihood of accidental damage by including a 1.8mm chemically strengthened Corning® protective glass on ours.
- How afraid should I be of damaging the stomp-knobs?
Not at all. The metal casing is made of stainless steel, making them borderline indestructible, and the inner mechanism is made of extremely durable ABS. More than seeing it as a knob you can stomp on, think of it as the most durable footswitch ever that you can also turn to adjust controls.
- Is it possible that stomping on the knobs could adjust a parameter?
No. The software prevents accidental parameter tweaking when a switch is pressed.
- How many virtual rigs can I run at once?
Anywhere between 2 and 4 depending on the complexity of the chain. Although rigs based on Neural Capture amplifiers require less CPU, so the figure will be higher and will vary greatly on your setup. Think of Quad Cortex as a very powerful blank canvas, with which you can explore and push its limits, just like you would with an amazing computer.
- How many instruments can I connect to a Quad Cortex?
The physical connectors allow for a maximum of 4 by repurposing the FX Loops Send and Return as additional I/Os.
- Can I use it for vocals and synths?
Absolutely. Quad Cortex combo Inputs 1 and 2 come with high-grade microphone preamps, phantom power supply, and variable impedance controls. We plan on adding a plethora of vocal effects in the near future.
- What are your plans to incorporate more amplifier models, IRs and effects?
Very aggressive plans. Our pledge is that the collection of sounds will continue to grow, permanently. The cool thing is that our wireless capabilities will make it a breeze to update the firmware. Connect to WiFi, search for updates, and in less than 10 minutes you have the latest and greatest. Plus, you can continue to use the device while the update happens in the background.
- Can I use Quad Cortex in combination with other physical gear?
Absolutely! It comes with 2 mono FX loops and expression inputs so you can connect your favorite effects and expression pedals to it.
- Can I use Quad Cortex in combination with plugins?
Absolutely. Most studio users will probably combine it with third-party plugins in a DAW.
- You are a software company, how can you also be good at hardware?
We actually started the company to do hardware in parallel to software – this project just took a lot longer to develop than our first plugins. Many of us have extensive experience making hardware; our CEO Doug Castro is the founder and former CEO of Darkglass Electronics, so he has over a decade of experience designing and mass-manufacturing extremely reliable hardware. The hardware engineering team also boasts of nearly 5 decades of hardware development experience. We know the hardware realm extremely well. Quad Cortex is made for war.
- How many presets/banks are available?
32 banks of 8 presets. 256 presets in total.
- Is there gapless switching between scenes & presets?
Preset changing will incur in the inevitable, familiar gap. You can use Scene and Stomp modes to change the sounds while maintaining delay trails without any crossfade/gaps.
- Do delay & reverb trails continue through scene & preset changes?
Trails continue whenever you switch these effects on and off in Scene or Stomp mode.
- Is there a preset exchange website?
Yes, and a mobile App!
- Can you run a DI through for re-amping?
- Can I use a computer or external MIDI controller to operate Quad Cortex?
Yes, through MIDI Ports or Computer linked through USB to the other device.
- Is there an undo function?
- How do I use Quad Cortex live?
Send the main outputs to a solid-state power amp, FRFR cab, and/or mixing console.
- Can I run a separate mix to FOH or in-ear monitors?
Yes, by configuring a second output on Quad Cortex and specifying what you’d like to send through it.
- Do the inputs support a variety of powered instruments?
Yes. Input impedance and gain are adjustable for Inputs 1 and 2.
All product names are trademarks of their respective owners, which are in no way associated or affiliated with Neural DSP Technologies